Wednesday 29 June 2016

The Most Ridiculous Day

Hey,

So today I had my interview at the College for my apprenticeship placement. 

Even over the phone they said to me it would be merely a formality (as I've been to the College already for an assessment of my English and Maths skills and a quick interview) and oh boy was it.

I literally came in, sat down, watched them do some paperwork, asked one question then left. That was it.


However, there's a whole big story behind that which bugged me so badly when I finished my 10 minute "interview".

First, let me introduce you to my new shoes. Public Desire, nude patent perspex heels. Gorgeous, right? They're not for everyone (my boyfriend hates them) but I bloody love them. They're so cool and classy.

Anyways, I thought as I only got them yesterday I'd wear them today. They're quite a tight fit so I struggle a little with the zip, especially as the zip has sticky patent fabric beneath it which seems like a bit of a design fault.




I set off to catch the train to Exeter at about 3:25, knowing I'd need to be there in good time to catch the train at 3:53. I got there in the nick of time as this asshole in front of me was driving so slowly and so over-carefully that it took me double the time it ususally does to get to the station. By the time I've walked there in my new heels the train is just driving away. Great.

I step back into my car and realise I'm gonna have to drive all the way to Exeter. I didn't want to do this as it was 4:00 and I'd be heading into rush hour traffic but I now had no choice. I took my heels off for the long drive and began barefoot.

The drive was fairly normal. I didn't encounter as much traffic as I was expecting and actually arrived earlier than I expected to. I also had just the right amount of change to pay for parking - that was my one stroke of luck today!

However when I went to put my shoes back on I managed to somehow rip a massive chunk of skin out of my finger on the zip. Fantastic! I would now have to go to my interview with a gross, pus-dripping finger. Yay!


Anyways, after all that stupid trouble I have a placement at the college. Which I was expecting anyway.

So much trouble for a 10 minute interview!

Ah well,

- Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment